Thursday, May 15, 2008

A day in the life of me

I decided to clean out the van yesterday while my husband was at work (seeing as he took his truck for once) with Gas prices being 3.83 a gallon here usually he drives the van seeing as though it doesn't get the best gas mileage it gets better then his Titan and his work is 20 miles away. Yeah, my husband can trash a vehicle. He came home to find me in the van and had a look like "shit, am I in trouble" he wasn't, though I teased him plenty about what a slob he can be. Guess I will have to make it a daily thing to clean out the van so it doesn't get that bad again. Husbands, that's all I have to say (as I shake my head in wonder)

As I am out cleaning out the van (because its so nice out, it feels like spring and I love it) I had Gracie out front with me on her leash (our Golden retriever) I have a small patch of dirt I guess you can call a garden up there with wood chips, and some plants and statues and tulips. Wait, I should say I had plants and tulips. Gracie decided she wanted to eat the tulips and took a bite out of each one then chewed on the plants branches (not the leaves) and no, the plants aren't toxic to dogs, I have checked to make sure. I wonder what goes threw her head that makes her think "I want to eat that smelly thing"

Hannah had fun helping me clean. Her Job was to help me wipe down the dashboard and center console. She loves to do things like this and the smile on her face was so full of pride. It helped having her in the car with me verses being in the front yard/garage or drive way where I had to keep an eye to make sure she didn't run into the road, and though she knows full well she isn't aloud in the road because of cars 3 year olds don't always listen.

And to top off the day I had to yell at a friends kid. I know, I am mean. Jordan walks a friends little girl to school and she doesn't listen. I could hear him this morning from the bedroom window yelling at her to get out of the woods that separate our house and the road, and I could see them, her weaving in and out of the tall bushes and trees and him on the sidewalk calling to her. Hes had problems with her running off and not listening or walking so slow he worries they will miss school. So today I had to run out there and tell her to listen to Jordan and hurry to school before they were late. I think Jordan might be done walking her to school from now on.

Now I'm sitting here tired, I didn't sleep well at all last night, just like every night wondering what to do today. There is so much to do before our MN trip and I just don't know where to begin, plus all the errands. There really isn't enough time in the day.

No comments: