Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Yep, I did it again, I blame the OCD

Yes, once again I have deleted all my old posts and am starting fresh. I have a touch of OCD just a touch, and well, my old posts were bugging me and so when that happens they get deleted. Bare with me though, because here I am starting again. Blogging about life as a military wife, a mom, a friend, a daughter and everything else that goes on here. A place where I can ramble about whatever I want, no matter how stupid it may be. A place where I can vent.

My friends no me that read this, an my family, but for those of you who don't let me explain myself.

obviously you got the part I am a female, and the part I am a military wife, and have kids. My husband is in the navy, 7 years this Saturday. He is a first Class Nav ET and we are currently on our second sea going command. Well he is, I'm just along for he ride. We lived in Kingsland, GA for 5 years. (if you don't know where it is look at a map, just north off Jacksonville, FL on the coast right across the FL/GA state line) it was a tiny military town on interstate 95 mainly consisting off gas stations and hotels and fast food places for those traveling to FL on vacation. Chris was stationed on a Nuclear Sub called the USS Wyoming. After 5 years of living there and a brief stop over for some schooling in Groton, CT we moved all the way cross country to Silverdale, WA (Bangor Submarine base) again look on a map west from Seattle across the Puget sound and you will see us, another tiny military town. This time Chris is in Special ops on the USS Jimmy Carter. We will be here for another 2 years, so yes I am a military wife and I am pretty sure I will be one till Chris retires as even though we play with the idea of getting out in 2010 we are 90% sure he will make a life out of the Navy.

So how did I meet my Husband. I think I was 14, it was 1994 and we were introduced by a mutual friend and we became friends. We went to different high schools, and he was a year older then me and we were total opposites, he so wasn't my type at all but he was a good friend and we had lots of great times together just hanging out. We dated on and off over the years and in 2002 while he was away in the Navy he proposed to me and later that year we got married. This July we will celebrate our 6Th wedding anniversary.

And then come the kids, Jordan who is 9 and Hannah who turns 4 next month. They keep me busy. I had Jordan when I was in HS, and I call me my angel because having him made me grow up, made me change who I was and become stronger and a better person, and Hannah too was a special blessing. I really wasn't supposed to have any more kids because of possible complications that were life threatening to me (and possibly the baby) but we really wanted to have at least try for one more, and we had Hannah in June 2004. I was lucky and in good care and both of us were fine and safe and no problems. They are everything too me as most kids are to their parents and I consider myself lucky each and every day (even those days where they drive you up the wall, or spill chocolate milk all over the sofa or cut the dogs hair)

So that's me. Navy wife and mom to two kids and a dog (we cant forget the dog, she really thinks she is one of us)

No comments: