Sunday, June 14, 2009

A quick preview

There are a few things coming up that I wanted to mention, and though they are still a week or two off I thought Id hope on here now and talk about them because life is crazy busy and I don't know if I will get the chance later on.

Hannah's 5th Birthday is coming up. Yes, we already had the big party and celebrated because daddy was home and the one thing I have learned is you never know when and how long daddy will be here because there is always something like travel for work, or just work in general with its crazy schedules. I still can not believe she is going to be 5. I remember ever birthday and see how much she has changed and I am excited but sad all at the same time.  She has taken a passion for books. She loves Barnes and Noble. To sit and read books for hours if we would let her. We usually let her buy one each time and she struggles over what to get. We read to her many times a day too. I am hoping that this is a very good sign at what is to come for school and that she will do well. She still has her fashion sense too. She loves to shop and points out shirts and pants and shoes she wants and picks out things she wants to wear in the morning. She loves dresses, which is new since there was a time she hatted them. Just the other day we were at Costco and she saw a cute outfit she said "she had to have" she begged and pleaded till we caved in. That would be my daughter, a little me. A shopaholic. We still can not get her to wear hair bows that clip in or a cute headband. She refuses and I never push. Maybe bribe a little which never works, but never do I push. She is a stubborn one just like her daddy, and me, and her brother. I think that her as a teenager will be trying because of that fact. So yeah its wonderful to see her grow and change and learn. I do sometimes finding it harder because she is our baby. I think that is why I struggle with the thought of her going to kindergarten in the fall. She has become sassy and is starting to get an attitude too. The other day as we walked I held out my had for her and she yanked hers away from me. I told her we were out where it was busy and she needed to take mine so she did not get lost and she told me "Mom (not mommy) I am big enough to walk without you holding my hand" and gave me a look that normally belongs on a teenagers face. Don't get me wrong, normally she is sweet and loving but its not all the time.

The other thing is my wedding anniversary. 7 years on July 4th. It never feels like its been 7 years. Even with two kids and moving through 3 states and 5 houses. I think this has allot to do with the fact he is never home and away on deployments and such. I can say I am truly happy. I look forward to life and our future and am excited by it. Even that day seems like yesterday. I remember flying into Jacksonville, FL. I remember walking down the corridor to where Chris was waiting for me all cute in his working whites. I remember hugging him and the drive back and him giving me a tour of the base. I remember the next day getting ready and meeting Chris's friends for the first time and going to the little church. Chris and his 2 friends were there and one of their wives was there and we had the sweetest ceremony outside surrounded by flowers and plant sculptures. It was a prefect summer day. I never was scared, or nervous. just happy. Afterwards we all went to Olive Garden to celebrate and then Chris and I went to see a movie and then fireworks down on the Saint Mary's waterfront. It was one of the best days in my life and I can say with having the small wedding and the big wedding, the small one was far better and special. Maybe I feel that way because the big wedding for us we were already married, but it did not come close to holding what our first wedding did. Now almost every year my husband is here to celebrate our anniversary its kind of a tradition to go see a movie and go to Olive garden followed by fireworks. Its our thing and I love it. 

Other than that life has been crazy, busy, hectic and wonderful in some ways and sad in others. somethings are going on that make me realized there is a certain aspect of military life, at least for me that as a wife you don't really hear about. Im not going into details but I have realized that its one of the hardest things for me being a military wife which makes deployments harder and being away from family harder. Maybe another day Ill approach this subject for today however Im sticking to the happier notes of this blog and leaving it at that.

Summer is almost here. 4 more days until Jordan is out of School. He is happy and counting down, and I am sad and realizing that next fall I will be kissing both my kids as they head of to the school and I will feel lost with no kids in the house during the day.

No comments: