Thursday, June 5, 2008

A Lonely heart

Chris comes home on Saturday! I'm very excited. Yes, its only been 2 weeks and yes we have talked to each other every day via phone and web cam but I still miss him. I know I have done 7 deployments, 1 7 month school in Groton and several of these little work related trips for Training where we have been apart, you think Id get used to it, but I never do. I still miss him like crazy, I still want him here with me and the kids and I still never get used to the goodbyes, no matter where he may be going or for how long. So I'm excited, and I can not wait for him to get home to us. Thank God when he does his month long school out of California I will be in MN, so maybe that separation wont be so bad.

I feel bad for the kids too. They totally understand and get why he is gone, they always do. But it cant be easy on them. I think even Hannah has adjusted to the whole being a military brat thing, she gets that and doesn't have many separation issues like I worried she would. I guess I shouldn't be surprised seeing as she was born into this life. I mean 3 weeks after she was born Chris had to go out to sea. Jordan took it harder, though he didn't come into this lifestyle till he was 3, so he didn't understand where dad was and why he didn't come home each and every night, now being 9 he clearly gets it and thinks his dad is the coolest.

I always worried the most about moving around, I know its hard on me, so I always worried about them, but right now they don't seem to mind. Jordan actually likes moving around and always asks me where we are moving next (he wants Hawaii) I'm sure though once he is older and in Middle/High school this is one aspect he wont be crazy about, but hopefully they will be strong kids and will adjust to life no matter what life throws at them, no matter where we move or what happens.

Anyway I have lots to do, with Chris coming home on Saturday and us leaving for MN next Thursday I better get my butt in Gear.

No comments: