Monday, June 23, 2008

The blur that was last week

So here we are in MN. We've been here for over a week now. We left Thursday the 12Th at 2pm in the afternoon and arrived Friday night at 8pm, so we did make good time, but then again we did drive straight threw. I took the midnight to 5am shift of driving and the 9 to 11am shift as well. I have a hard time sleeping in cars because I like having my eyes on the road as well as who ever is driving. The kids were as good as you can expect, and so was Gracie. But never again, unless its absolutely necessary will we do that again, next time we are getting a hotel at night (with a nice bed and a pool, oh and one that will take dogs)

We've been busy. Saturday was Chris's sisters wedding, the kids were very cute in it. Hannah was a flower girl and Jordan was the groomsmen. On Sunday we went to the gift opening, then had a fathers day get together/slash birthday party for Hannah on my side of the family. Monday we had to run errands, and the kids wanted to go to Lego land so we headed over to the Mall of America for some shopping therapy. The kids each filled a pick a brick bucket at Legol and and we did lunch, then walked around looking at stores. We were going to do the rides but Hannah fell asleep so we packed up and headed home, plus Chris had to drop us off to head back out their to do A.C.E.S with my step-dad and they were going to do dinner before hand so we dropped the kids off with Chris's parents and my mom and me took advantage of dinner out with no kids, or husbands, it was nice and quite. Tuesday was and experience in itself. We went to the Minnesota zoo, my kids love that zoo. We did one of the indoor trails, then lunch and were headed over to see a dolphin show. Hannah was looking at the dolphins threw the viewing glass while Jordan was petting a sharks/sting rays in the small pool when we heard a splash and saw our son climbing out of the tank. Only my son could fall into a shark tank. He was not hurt and neither were the sharks or rays, though he was shaken up some. We dried him off, lectured him to be more careful and missed the dolphin show. I wonder if other kids/people have fallen into that tank before? That night we had party number 2 for Hannah's birthday with Chris's side of the family, where she got more gifts. I have no idea how we are getting these things home, Ill mail some I guess to help free up room in what will probably be an already packed van.
Wed. we did a picnic at Elm creek park reserve, a nice park that the kids loved, then we brought them back here to swim in the blow up pool to cool off. They have been busy as we have. We managed a date night, a rare thing for us and it was so nice. We also got to go ATVing, making us both want ATVs (not going to happen anytime soon) and boating, making Chris want a boat (not going to happen till he sells or pays off his very pretty truck) Sadly on Sunday Chris flew back. The kids cried, I cried and it was very hard. I guess this will be the longest we will be apart in the last year, its like 6 weeks, which in reality isn't that long for all the other times he has gone out to sea, but Ive just gotten so used to having him around. So now things are boring. I'm still unpacking, have laundry from last week to do and dealing with the dogs (our dog and my parents dog) I'm hoping to get the kids to the Science and Children's museum, bunker hills wave pool, the water park of America, and do many other things with them while we are here, to keep all of us busy.

I don't have much else to say, I'm tired, and worn out and my mind just isn't working as it should, so forgive me. I'm sure once Ive rested from the non stop activities Ill be able to function, and think more clearly.

No comments: