Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Trapped

I'm trapped in my house. I cant get out and no one can get in. I cant even look out the windows anymore. So whats going on you ask? Well we are getting our house painted. We should have gotten a notice that said "tomorrow starting at 7am we will begin painting on your street" that would have been nice, but nope, that didn't happen. Luckily for Chris and Jordan they started on the back of the house taping up the windows so they could escape out the front of the door, but now I'm wondering how are they going to get back in? I awoke this morning to the sound of the workmen walking on my roof and talking outside my window about the dog poop in the yard, the whole 3 piles of it since I had picked it up the day before (our dog shits allot OK) hey, if I would have gotten a notice I would have picked it up, but no notice, no picked up dog poop. See usually I pick up the dog crap every morning after Jordan leaves for school, but seeing as my backyard was filled with strangers and I couldn't get out the backdoor I decided they can deal, how nice of me right?



I'm not sure what color our house will be. Ive seen yellow, green and that's it so far. Someone told us they heard salmon colored, ick. I hope its like a red then and not orange or pink, or better yet that whoever heard salmon was dead wrong. I wish I could go out and look. Good thing we didn't have anything big planned today seeing as we really cant leave. I was supposed to go across the street to my friends house but I'm pretty sure she will understand. My only real concern is the dog, the dog who needs to eat, and pee and poop and cant go outside, poor pup.



So that's my excitement for the day. Lucky me.



Other news here in the household. The Military has screwed up our pay again. They have screwed up our pay more times since we have gotten to this command just over a year ago then they have since Chris has been in the military, I'm sorry but I want my pay fixed, like pronto. Unfortunately the people who need to fix it are never in the office, do they not work? Why cant my husband have their job? Instead my husband is never home, being sent off to all these different places for training and works long ass hours.



Jordan had a doctors appointment yesterday at the Naval hospital. The first time he was seen there and I really hope the last. The nurse practitioner who checked him out made us feel like the worlds worst parents. Like we were stupid and dumb, it sucked. She didn't listen to our concerns at all and half the time would ask us a question and while we were in the middle of answering it make a phone call or cut us off and start talking about something else. The worst part was our son, who was not there for an exam had the horrible experience of the lady laying him back, reaching into his pants un-announced and examining his private area. Now to me, every time he has gone in before they announce to him and to me what they are going to do so they don't scare him, Jordan was scared this time, poor boy. Then to make matter worse instead of referring us to the place in town that was recommended she is refering us to a place over and hour and a half away. Did I mention we have to drive 2 a month there? oh, and they close at 4pm so we have to pull Jordan out of school for half a day. I left that appointment one pissed off mom.



See what a happy, exciting life we lead? Yeah, anyway...



The weather here has been perfect. Sunny, in the high 70s even the low 80s and just beautiful out. So beautiful that we decided that we would catch a ferry over to Seattle this weekend, and now the damn forecast is calling for rain and the temp to be in the 60s. Not the best type of day to spend walking around pikes place with two kids. I'm hoping for a turn around, but if not I guess the kids will have to settle for a day at the indoor pool or a trip to Cabelas. Yes, my kids consider Cabelas fun, and they love to go. What a silly family I have.



Speaking of my silly family, last night at swim practice, only the second one Chris has come with me he disappeared halfway threw with the promise to be right back. I didn't think anything of it thinking maybe he saw a friend or went to get something to drink, but after I had gotten the kids dried off and we were getting ready to head outside to look for the missing husband he showed back up with a grin on his face that showed he had been up to something. He had walked across the street to the NEX to purchase Star wars force unleashed for PS3 because he had just remembered it came out that day, his excuse was he wanted to surprise Jordan, but who do you think was up all night playing that game? By the time dinner was done, and homework and reading a chapter of his book Jordan had to head off to be leaving Chris the only player. Men and their video games.





Off to make some more puppy chow for the kids (and me too, that stuff is good)

I forgot to post this, and now as Im about to post it I see what color my house is being painted and its horrible, it is a orange color and so ugly, plus we have blue trim on our house, they so better change that because the color orange they picked and the color blue we have wont go together. Its not even a pretty orange either. I blame my husband because the other day he was joking how we would get an orange house and now we have one. I wonder who picked the colors, because they are all ugly, I mean whatever happend to a nice shade of green, or blue? Why ugly colors that look like crap? Yes, you are allowed to laugh, because If I drove by these houses and saw the ugly colors Id laugh too.

No comments: