Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Nothing out of the ordinary

I haven't felt like writing lately, notice the lack of posts? I really wasn't in the mood tonight either and yet here I am doing just that. We will see if I actually post this one or just delete it when Im done, which I have been known to do.

So why the lack of enthusiasm to write? Busy, stressed, and my heart just isn't in it. Allot surprisingly has been going on lately, even with my husband off in a different state for work (which you all know, and yes, I still miss him like crazy) Besides the usual dealing with the kids, looking at houses online that I want to buy (but I know we wont because we cant afford the 300,000 payments right now unless a certain husband sold his truck which I wont ask him to do) Cleaning and doing my usual trying to re-organize the house so all of our stuff that once fit into our old 2400 square foot home now fits into the 1300 square foot home, which is very hard to do and why after living here a year I am still trying to make things work for us. The garage is officially a playroom, meaning on those rainy days which there are allot of here I have to run with the kids from the front door to which ever vehicle we are taking, not fun. We have spent a fortune on storage shelving for the house and garage and I'm about done, or so I think, with actually making things work. Now the white walls are getting to me but I really don't have the energy to paint them (plus when we move we have to paint them back the boring white) The kids have started swimming, which they love. Hannah loves water, the smile on her face while she is in swim class is so big and she does so well too, even after today's little episode where she almost drowned she wasn't afraid of the water, though now I have officially become a hovering mother at the edge of the pool. See the kids do half the class with floaties on and half without them on. This happened when she didn't have the floaties on. The class is 2-4 year old's mainly and when its not the kids turn they have to hang on to the edge shelf and wait. Hannah has never had a problem before and always hung on, but today I happened to look over from the benches the parents have to sit on and saw my little girl about a foot away from the wall, her little arms flailing about as she bobbed under the water, she did good at trending water but you could tell she was panicked and I was a little pissed off that the lifeguard who was inches in her perch above the water did nothing so I ran over, laid down on the pool deck and reached out till I could grab her and pulled her to the water, it was at this point her teachers and the lifeguard who was talking to friends noticed what was happening and offered their apologizes. Yeah, as I said I will be the mom hovering over her daughter when its not her turn and she does not have floaties on. I understand that things happen, but why have a lifeguard when she is to busy chatting up friends to do her job? and I don't blame the teachers for what happened though I do blame them for having more kids in their class then they are supposed to have (10 is the max) so why do they take on kids who just show up and pay the day they want to start instead of saying "sorry, class is full" that's my grip. Luckily Hannah wasn't turned off by the water, though class ended shortly after that so we will see Thursday when we go back if she will be scared or go on in like she usually does. It was cute but as we were in the dressing room changing she said "mom, that was terrifying, I was freaking out" I couldn't help but laugh and hug her. I think next time I put her in swimming she will go to the early swim class during the day when its less busy meaning less kids. The class before hers only has like 4 or 5 kids in it.

Then there is the drama with my son. My son who thinks the world should be handed to him on a silver platter. He is at the age where listening to mommy doesn't happen. Where he stomps off and says "I hate my life" yes, its a lovely stage (sarcasm there) I tell him to go to bed, he turns off the lights and plays with toys in his bed, or his DS (until that got taken away last night) I ask if he has homework he says no, but when I check his bag there is homework. Isn't it to early for the defiant stage? I mean he had it somewhat before, but now its horrible. Lucky me huh? He is a good boy, he reads for 30 minutes a night, he picks up the dreaded dog poo that I hate picking up and he helps with other things around the house. I'm not sure if this has something to do with the new friends he has started to hang around with or not, but something has changed. Speaking of Change he got glasses. He is not happy about them, but he has them and to his dismay he has to wear them. He came home today all upset saying a kid in his class called him a freak because of his glasses, to which I told him that he will always have to deal with kids who are mean and rude and for him to not get upset over what some kid said. Sadly in life there will always be those people who just are asses.

The joy Chris misses out on when he is gone, and its only been 2 weeks, imagine all he will miss and hear about when he goes out for several months?

So yeah, life to say the least has been interesting, exhausting, stressful, busy and so much more. Is it sad that I am actually looking forward to next year when Hannah goes to school so I can work? I miss working, and yes, I know that I am insane.

Off to do many more things (like clean up the outside since we got a notice saying they will be painting our house soon even though we were told we had over a month) somehow I have to figure out how to move my patio table from the backyard to the garage by myself, what fun. I think I will wait and ask my neighbors son and his friends to move it, seems like a much better Idea doesn't it?

No comments: