Thursday, September 18, 2008

Just another day

So tonight Chris has duty which means he is not coming home. It is also swim lesson night for the kids, after tonight they only have two more lessons until they either repeat or move on to the next level. Here is my dilemma. The husband took my van, the only vehicle with gas. Usually I don't care and I walk to the pool, its only 10 minutes away and I like the exercise, but then again the last several times I walked it was beautiful out, with warm weather and sunny skies, but today its cold, and overcast and even though the Doppler says it wont rain I live in an area that the weather is hardly ever right and rain happens allot. So do I walk, hoping it wont rain till I get back home at 5:45 or do I take the Truck which I cant drive because its like driving a bus too me and I fear I will get in an accident, plus to fill it up with gas would cost around 90 dollars. There is the other choice, just not going, they haven't missed one yet and lots of kids have missed before them, so it wont hurt them at all to miss one, right? so why do I feel so guilty then if I even think about not going? Jordan could care less, he would rather be off playing with friends, but Hannah loves swimming and looks forward to her Tuesdays and Thursday swim lessons. I wonder if I bribe them with the fun pool this weekend to make up for lake of swim lesson? That just might work. Plus I really don't feel the best, so Id be saving those Id be around of possible catching something (though in all reality its mostly cramping pain which we all know is not contagious, but hey if it helps my guilt) I guess I will just wait and see when its time to go.



So our house is painted, no trim yet though I did ask one of the contractors what color we get, and its an ugly yellow. Lucky us. Now our house will look like Halloween colors. I still want to know who the hell picked out the ugly ass colors and why. I'm assuming it was the cheapest, hopefully they love the complaints everyone is sending there way over the crappy paint job and ugly colors. Now we await the application of the trim and fence being painted and I can put all our things back in the yard. I just want my yard back.

My daughter has turned into a smart ass. For example today I stepped on one of her very hard toys and it hurt. As I grabbed my foot trying not to curse because little ears were in the room I reminded her to keep her toys picked up if she was done playing with them. 5 minutes later when I came back into the living room she calls me over to where the toys were and says "watch me mommy" and she steps over her toys, then she puts her hands on her hips and says "see, if you watch where you are walking you wont step on my toys" who knew a 4 year old could make you feel so small and worse have such attitude? OK, that's not true, I knew she has attitude, she gets it from her brother and me (poor Chris) the joys of having them grow up and actually become teenagers, cant I just keep them small forever?

No comments: