Wednesday, July 2, 2008

A bit of this, and a bit of that

I have lots to say. Ive had lots to say for awhile but either haven't gotten around to it, haven't been in the mood to write, or the computer my parents have acts up because its old and dumb and I could kick myself when Chris asked if he should pack up one of our laptops in which I said "no, we need the room plus we can use my parents" ha, ha, ha, in my face for trying to save room in the van, plus a laptop doesn't take up much room. Its so bad that I really have been tempted to run off and by a laptop to use here (hey, we've been talking about buying one soon anyways, so why not now? okay, I know why not now, because if I wait to buy it at the NEX I don't pay taxes which saves some money when your talking over a grand already, and again I really don't need it, Ill just hold out and deal with the slowness of my parents with all its wonderful glitches.

So here I am, hoping my kids can leave me to a few moments of quietness and not need a fight to be broken up (the verbal kind, not the physical kind) and the dogs (yes, the dogs) behave. So we better get to it, because lord knows I don't have long.

I miss my husband. Not that it is a surprise. I'm here in MN, and he is in WA and on Friday the 4Th of July we will be celebrating our 6Th wedding anniversary, and we will be apart. Trust me, its only $310 dollars for me to fly out tomorrow night and come back on Sunday. Its tempting. No kids, house to ourselves and a weekend together before he leaves for L.A. and I have to come back and get the kids. Its going to be a sucky weekend, even with family and friends and activities all because I wont be with my husband. I should be used to this, I think we have only spent 2 out of these 6 anniversary's together, but it doesn't mean it makes it easier, right? I still could get a plane ticket....so tempting, so very tempting, but really, that's $310 dollars that could go elsewhere, like school clothing, or towards our Vegas fund.

Speaking of my husband, he called and via phone did the whole preparing for deployment sheet. Its really sad and morbid in a way. We both fill our a form so if something happens to him or me things are taken care of. It happens before every deployment, but still it sucks to fill out. Not just because your talking about what happens if he doesn't come back, or something happens to me while he is gone (or the kids) but it means he is leaving, eventually. I don't know when, this is the one time I'm clueless and even if I did I couldn't tell anyone, but it means it will happen, and eventually I will be spending months as a single mother (in away)

And even though you cant hear them, my kids just started to fight (again) I'm going to attempt to ignore them, maybe they will work it. yep, still here fighting, off to break it up. See, my time on here is sometimes so short lived. Oh well, Ill be back...eventually. Guess Ill have to leave all my things to say for another time.

No comments: