Sunday, August 31, 2008

A little ball of sunshine

Things that are bothering me.

My dog who insists on going in and out, in and out, in and out all morning long. I need a doggy door badly because then I could maybe do something productive today instead of spending it catering to my dog.

The assholes down the street who have no kids but live on a street where most people have two or three kids. Its not that they live there, its not that they don't have kids, its that they swear, they have really late night party's with music blaring and they speed up and down the street and that their friends speed up and down the street. Oh, and they don't pick up after their dog who shits all over the place. Why cant they just realize that there is a speed limit for a reason? Its a small residential street in base housing. One day they are going to hit a kid, but they would rather be pricks and just not care.

My bank. I have issues with banks, and even though I generally love are new bank, a few days ago when they took money out four days early before the auto payment was do kinda pissed me off. I mean were talking about Chris's truck payment which isn't a small sum of money, and a few other payments (like to the cable company) If I set it up for it to come out on the 3rd of each month, please don't take it out on the 28Th. Guess I will be changing our auto payment to reflect a 4 day difference so I wont get screwed next time they decide to do that. Thank God we had money in the account to cover the early payment, but next time they decide to do that I may not be so lucky.

The weather. What the hell is up with the weather? Its still August, its Labor day weekend and its cold as hell, well low 60s and overcast. Its been this way for a few days, I want one or two more Summer like days before fall rolls around, I'm not asking for much, just something in the mid 70s would be great. Yeah, this is life on the Olympic peninsula for you. At least its pretty here.

See, I have lots of issues today.

And lastly some 21 year old girl wanting to know why my husband and I live in housing. "don't you see your throwing away your housing allowance to live there, on base? I mean my husband and I pocket 300-400 dollars a month and that's after paying utilities and we are investing, isn't it stupid not to buy? don't you want to sell a house and make money?" I wanted to smack her, more so for the stuck up way she spoke to me and her attitude. See because we are military we get a housing allowance, its not taxable and we can either live on base and basically pay rent here, but we lose the whole amount of our housing. We can live out on town renting and pay what they want or we can buy a house. As a first class with dependents we get almost 1300 a month. The rate you get depends on your rate, a third or second class would get less then us because they are lower ranking, a chief or officer would get more because they are higher ranking. So this girl, who was a third classes husband and makes Id say around 1,1oo a month for housing and has 300-400 extra after paying utilities and her house payment means that her house payment would have to be around 600 a month, which for this area seems highly unlikely unless they bought a manufactured home and are living on land mommy and daddy own. Houses around here are over 200,000 unless it needs lots of work or is in an undesirable location, or your lucky and the owners have to move and drop the price super low. When we looked mostly we found houses for 250-300 though now they are dropping, but still nothing that we would want for under 200 thousand. Plus houses here are not as big as I was used to back in GA when we did own a home. Most are smaller or around the square feet we have here in housing. Then there is the fact that most of my friends who live here and are trying to sell their houses have the problem of their house not being worth as much as they paid. One friend bought their house at 275,000 and it was priced at 235,000 when they went to sell it, its now been on the market for 7 months. I don't want to have to deal with that, the worry of not selling, Chris living in another part of the country or worse in a different country all together while I stay with the house waiting for it to sell. Its different if you plan on staying here for awhile, but we have 2 more years before we move and after Chris's job offer For Washington DC we wont stay unless that falls threw and even then we wont stay unless we have too. I like Washington, I do and if we were to stay here we would indeed buy a house. Its very pretty and theres lots to do, but Ive gotten used to moving and seeing different states, but now I'm off track here. The point is I'm happy living in housing. My 1300 square foot home (not including garage) 3 bed 2.5 bath home may be small, but I don't pay utilities, I have a fenced in back yard and a cute little courtyard, and plenty of free storage so for 2 years and maintenance to fix things like a broken fridge for free Ill stay put. As for the stuck up 21 year old who has her house, wait till she has kids and needs to move to something bigger then a 2 bedroom home and the prices jump on her. I'm mean, I know, but hey she really pissed me off, I mean what right does someone I have only met once or twice have telling me I'm stupid? Its a good thing I am to reserved to tell her what I thought.

I blame all my bitchiness today on lack of sleep, the hubby being gone (Ive slept maybe a total of 12 hours over the last 4 nights) and my period. Yeah for me, what a great day its going to be.

No comments: