Monday, December 8, 2008

Isn't that the way things go?

Have you ever gone shopping for something in particular but end up being frustrated because you can't find anything that fits what you are looking for? Like for instance you might be looking for a sweater to go with a pair of pants, or a dress for a party and yet you find nothing you like or is right for you (as in you find the perfect dress but not in your size) so eventually you get all frustrated and just settle or give up because your sick of looking? And does it not seem that when your just looking around a store for nothing in particular that's when you find many things you want? Usually this happens when you don't need it or worse, you don't have the money for it?

Well this happened to me. Last summer I looked high and low for a dress for Chris's sisters wedding, and found nothing I liked, or could afford and settled on a dress I had already in my closet. Today while we were waiting on our pictures at JCpenny's we killed time by looking in stores and I found like 6 dresses that I not only loved, but they all fit me perfect and were on sale. Damn the timing. I ended up buying one with the intend of going back next weekend and possibly buying another one. They were very cute party dresses that would look amazing with knee high black boots or heels and I kept thinking "this would be perfect for Vegas" because damn it in the next two years we will make it to Vegas with no kids and I want to look very cute and grown up when I go so I don't get the people asking me to show my ID every 10 minutes. Its bad enough people at Chris's command tend to mistake me as his daughter so I need things to make me look older. I want those dresses, and by the way I am not a dress person, so for me to love these dresses and love the way the look on me (I'm very critical about the way things look on me) is amazing.

On the bright side after buying the dress today I found out if we want to go (and can find a babysitter) there is a command Christmas party in a few weeks, so at least I have a place to wear my new dress (that is while it waits to be worn in Vegas)

No comments: