Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Just a quick update

So After much speculation of where we will move to next we have decided to stick with D.C. I know, how annoying I was with the whole thinking and wondering and stressing, but trust me when I say its a huge deal up and moving over and over again when kids are involved and much needs to be thought out and for the whole mess of thinking on paper and changing our minds I apologize. D.C Is still not a for sure thing, but we will know as of Friday. I am keeping my fingers crossed and praying it all works out. Sadly it is up to Chris's current command on this decision because they have to sign off on him extending for 8 more months for reasons I wont get into right now. I dread the idea of having to extend for 8 more months here and having to sit threw another winter. I hate the idea of up and moving in a school year but Chris would be crazy to pass this job up and we love the idea of D.C so the pros win over the cons. We even passed up the possibility of re-enlisting in a tax free zone and losing 10 thousand dollars to take this Job, so yeah, we must really want it (BAD) So here as I said is hoping Chris gets the OK and we can rest and not stress until it is time to move. So there is the current update on all that madness.

Now onto other things. I have been wrapping presents like crazy, Hannah is wanting to help which is OK. She picks out the paper, the bows and puts the presents under the tree for me. She has become my little helper. Jordan informed me today what he got me for Christmas. It was so cute the way he let me in on the secret. Chris and I already exchanged our gifts from each other, we are bad about keeping things like that secret, but usually when we take the kids shopping for the others present we do keep that secret because its their surprise to give. The kids are all excited and hype about next week. I don't blame them, I remember being that age. Hopefully they wont be like me though and unwrap the presents and then re-wrap them while my parents slept. I know, shame on me and trust me I always hated come Christmas that I knew what I was getting. This weekend I will start the baking.

We had a fabulous time this weekend at our Bill Engvall concert. A date is very rare for us and even more rare is the special treat of doing something fun and different, like we did Saturday night. We laughed so hard and I look forward to seeing him again if he comes back to this area. I told Chris Id like to make a concert or show a yearly thing if possible (his schedule doesn't always allow for that)

So that's it, my quick update. If I don't get to post before Christmas then Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays everyone.

No comments: