Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Its going to be one of those crazy days

So today we will make our third attempt and seeing Santa. Hannah has been begging and pleading to see Santa forever. The first time we went the line was over 2 hours long and yes, we were the mean parents who did not want to wait for 2 hours so our daughter could see Santa. Instead we bribed her with a book from Barnes and Noble and promised to come back. Well we came back on Sunday to find out that the snow had shut down the mall. I wanted to scream at someone. There was not that much snow, but here everything is shutting down the weekend before Christmas and now my daughter was going to be denied Santa again? Geesh, you would think these people were not used to some snow. So now today, the day before Christmas Eve we will make one last attempt. The snow is melting, the roads are slush (and I will admit I am sad, I love the snow. Here in Washington its nice enough out to play in it and not freeze your butt off) and I expect the mall to be open even though the trash people did not come to get my trash. We will see Santa, I promised my daughter and regardless of the line or the crowds there will be that memory that she so badly wants. Now it is dealing with the angry 9 year old. Yes, he is not one bit of happy about us dragging his butt off too the mall and has no desire to sit on Santa's lap. His reply when I tried to talk him into it (complete with an eye roll) was "Mom, please, I'm 9, and that is embarrassing. Do you know what my friends would do if they saw me sitting on Santa's Lap?" Yes, my 9 year old is growing up and turning into a teenager faster then Id like. 

I'm off to make fudge and deviled eggs for my husband and kids. I love to bake, I'm not crazy about the cleaning up part though.

2 comments:

Marcoda said...

So did she get to see Santa??

Always by the sea said...

Yep, she did. She was in awe of the man in red, I actually wrote a blog about it but never got around to posting it, guess I should do that.