Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Joy of all Joys.

So guess what I did today? No, really. Guess? Give up, it was really exciting, see after a few days of gradually worsening pain and sleepless nights I went to see the Dentist, someone I have not seen in awhile where I had 2 wisdom teeth removed. 2 down, 2 to go. They wanted to do all at the same time, but uh, yeah, I am happy to go back and have it done again so I feel somewhat normal with half of my mouth. Plus, they only had time since I was a walk in emergency patient to do the two teeth. I was glad that the place I picked out of the phone book turned out to be a really great place. Everyone was nice and friendly which makes the freaking out a bit easier to handle, see I was shaking so hard you think I was in a freezing room, and though it did not stop till I was already in a reclined position it made things easier to handle. I also found one of the rare few who did not need to put me under. I know some of you would prefer that but not me. It was on of the things I dreaded most about the whole wisdom teeth experience. They let Chris come into the room as they worked on my teeth where he fainted. Yes, my husband can make it threw the birth of his baby girl but not while they grind my tooth down to bits to pull out. I remember from my reclined position that one minute he was gripping my hand to let me know he was there and the next minute his hand went limp in mine, then was no longer in my hand and then there was the thump of his whole body sliding off the chair and onto the floor where his head got a nice bruise. I am happy to say he is OK and after them giving him so juice and moving him away from the view of my mouth he has his full color back. 

So here I am at home, tired from lack of sleep and very hungry. Yes, there is not a whole lot of things to eat when they say eat "soft foods" and to not eat foods that can get stuck in the now empty tooth sockets. Yeah, plans for tomorrow (New Years) were supposed to be Chinese food, which is no longer going to happen. I guess it will be soup for me, aren't I the lucky one.

Plus side the numbness has gone and there is little pain (though the medicine I took might be helping with that, but I am glad to announce I have yet to break into my bottle of Vicodin, yet.)

So that was my day. Aren't you just so jealous. The bright side is I should be able to sleep tonight after many nights of pain and agony, that's a plus. I'm off to drink something now that I can feel my tongue and play some Spore because my son got it for Christmas and it is the coolest and its something I can do sitting down (Doctors Orders, my poor husband) Wish me a fast recovery with NO problems.

No comments: