Saturday, February 21, 2009

Broken record

I am not original when it comes to naming a title for my blog, I can usually write something but when I have to name it my mind goes blank so forgive me, now onto my post.

I am going to take the chance and sound like a broken record and talk about how very much I miss Georgia. I miss it so very much that I dream about it. Silly huh? there was a time shortly after we moved to GA where I felt the same about MN but GA became my home. I grew to love the smaller town feel with cute little shops along the river and the fishing boats that lined the docks. I missed getting fudge or Ice cream and strolling over to the small park on at the riverfront park and letting the kids play. I miss the little houses turned into shops. I miss the warm weather and the mostly sunny days and when it did rain it usually brought with it thunder and lighting and here, a place I have lived for a year and a half I see lots and lots of rain, but I don't recall hearing thunder or seeing lighting and I miss my thunderstorms. I miss sitting on the patio swing in the back yard watching the kids jumping on the trampoline and going to the base pool which was outside and had a water slide that Jordan loved. I miss riding our bikes on the trails and going to the best Japanese steakhouse down the street where we knew the guys who prepared the food and always made us laugh and we could never get enough. I miss taking weekend trips to Savannah or Jacksonville, going to St. Augustine and seeing all the sights or hitting up the outlet malls. I miss the small but nice zoo and the flea markets and going to the beaches. I miss watching the subs come in or go out with the kids when daddy left or came home and feeling such pride and joy.I miss packing up the kids and driving to Orlando or Cocoa Beach for a long weekend. I miss my freckles which I used to hate and have since practically disappeared altogether living here. I felt happier there, had more energy and I felt like I did allot more. I grew to love that small town, and the areas around it. I developed a small southern accent and loved the kids doctor who was the sweetest lady ever. It had history all around the town, and I just really felt comfortable there.

I know, your probably thinking a place is what you make of it, and that I need to try harder to see the charm of living here, and there are bright spots, but not many, and trust me I have tried. Maybe its the fact Chris is never home, or I don't have the group of friends I had in GA or the support of a wives group I was involved with like I was in GA but I have tried. Really, I have. Its still a small town, compared too Seattle, it has a mall, and many places to eat. It has stores and the bases, however I feel like the town is crowded, like when people try to cram to much in one area. The roads sometimes make no sense, people are in much more of a hurry and much ruder and mean here than in GA and the rain, and the constant dampness is depressing. For things to really do you have to be willing to drive or spend money, mostly both, and then yes, its great. I love taking the Ferry to Seattle. I love the ride in itself. I love Seattle, there is tons to do, and Pikes place is a favorite of mine. I want to go to Leavenworth and see the shops, I want to hike through Olympic National park or go over to First beach or any beach on the Pacific ocean for that matter. I want to see Mt. St. Helen's and go skiing in the winter at the many ski slops. It is beautiful here, its so green and when its not foggy you can see mountains almost everywhere you look. I do like the fishing and crabbing and if we had a boat and my husband was here more I probably could learn to like it here, but Its not GA, and its not for me, unfortunately I have no say in where we live, and because my husband had to extend here to line up the orders he wants we will be here for almost another 2 years. 

I pray his orders do come through and am excited with any prospects that could take us away from here, DC being the first choice and 99% a sure thing, even with the winters I am excited about, because of the history and the area, I love DC, even though I have only been once. If that falls through I am hoping for GA or Hawaii, both will have my sunshine, beaches and my old freckles back(though I really do dread the idea of moving again)

I promise I am trying to like it here, so please, no lectures, and though it really is not that bad and I think if we were on the other side of the sound I would love it here but we are not, anyway my main point is its not GA. 

See, broken record.


No comments: