Saturday, November 29, 2008

Oh, shiny

I was attempting to make out Christmas cards but gave up because its boring. I'm all about not having the attention span lately to sit threw much of anything. Chris says I look like a bouncy ball flying off the walls. I have no clue whats gotten into me, but I wish I could just stop and relax and not be so always on the go. Chris is not helping much as he sits on the couch playing his Christmas present from me on the PS3. Yes, you heard me right, he already has his Christmas presents from me and the kids and I have my gifts from them as well. See Chris asked me what I wanted and I told him, and I asked and he told me and then we went out and bought our gifts and the other day the question was brought up about what was the point of wrapping up our presents from each other and waiting till Christmas to tear the wrapping apart when we already know what our gifts are. I know, what is the fun in that? Usually there is more surprise, just not this year. I am happy to announce I got everything I wanted from my family, well the three most important things at least I mean there is a budget so obviously my brand new Armada did not make it this year as a gift from my beloved husband, maybe next year though.

Jordan is having a friend sleep over which means an up pretty much all night long experience. I don't mind so much seeing as it is the weekend and sleeping in is possible. Hannah is doing the whole pesky little sister routine and trying to be included with the boys who clearly have no interest in playing with a 5 year old girl. She is not happy about that one bit. Soon she too will be at the age of sleepovers with her friends and my house will be very chaotic on the weekends. Not sure if I am looking forward to that one yet, I'm sure my hair will be grey and I will be pulling it out.

So remember in the post where I said I think were moving to Hawaii? Yeah, I'm not freaking out over this possibility. See there are things I did not think about. Like where will we stay until we move into housing (obviously a hotel, but for how long, and what about the dog?) I am worrying about our stuff not getting wrecked (I love our stuff, we have nice stuff and its all pretty new, I don't want any of it breaking or getting wrecked) I worry about money. I mean staying in a hotel and renting cars will get expensive if it lasts awhile, and since they have to ship our vehicle(s) we wont have one right away which we will need. Also the Navy only ships one vehicle so we either sell the other one or pay for the other one to be shipped as well. Then there is the school issue, I have heard they are not the best and every one tells me Id be better off homeschooling then sending them to the public schools, though everyone who has told me that has never even been to Hawaii much less sent their kids to the schools there. My list of worries go on and on. Like how limited we would be able to come home, since airfare for 4 people is not the cheapest from Hawaii. Plus things over there cost much more, and though they have a commissary and NEX where things will be cheaper I'm not sure how much cheaper. See where I am going with this? Its very nerve racking. I'm now re-thinking the Hawaii move. I will admit that there are many up sides to moving, I just don't know if they are worth the down sides of moving. Guess Chris and I need to figure out what we want and what its worth to us. I know that things would work out, but still the unknown is always scary. Plus Chris admitted that he has no clue what he would be doing over there which means he might be going to sea (again) and I refuse after 8 years of him being on subs and going out to sea to move to Hawaii so we can continue with this lifestyle. I want our shore duty which we should already have been on by now instead of doing back to back sea tours. So yeah, if us going to Hawaii means more sea duty time that wont happen and Chris agrees 100% with me on that one. I love me husband and I want him home, its bad enough by the time he goes to Shore duty we will have spent almost 1200 days apart of our marriage. Sad huh? So yeah, I want my Shore duty before we continue with this Sea duty crap. Even if it means us staying here in Washington. So I guess I jumped on the Hawaii bandwagon and got excited to soon, but I promise to keep everyone updated about where we will be moving too, not like any of you care, but it is my life and my blog so it does not matter if you care or not.

Shinny object. Guess that means its time for me to go, other things to do, told you I couldn't sit still for long, good thing its December where we will be on the go all month long with 2 more picture sittings, our Bill Engvall show, family coming to visit and the holidays. I love December, now where is my snow?


No comments: