Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Yep, its official, I am the worse mom ever.

I am a bad mommy. Well that's what Ive heard all week and weekend. It started with Jordan having two friends sleep over. This by the way should be simple seeing as they are all 9 and I thought nothing of it because Jordan has had friends sleep over before and there has been no problems. Yeah, well having two kids verses three does make a difference especially when you are the only parent there. I tried to be the cool mom with the video games and pizza and soda for dinner. Movies and toys and letting them stay up late, though I guess my definition of late and theirs was very different. After hours of Jordan and his friends running around the house screaming, not listening to me when I say "please keep your voices down because Hannah is trying to sleep" and jumping up and down and throwing Jordan's toys around so I thought the whole upstairs would come crashing down I decided that at 2am it was bedtime. Yeah, Jordan was so angry. I was informed I was embarrassing him in front of his friends and that when he sleeps over at their houses they can stay up all night long. I told him that his friends didn't have a younger sister trying to sleep, and that mommy herself would like to go too bed. So this is where I was told "Your so uncool mom, I'm so mad at you" and went to inform his friends who groaned that they had to pick up and get ready for bed. Remind me that more then one child sleeping over should require two parents to supervise because little Hannah does not make it easier.

Then comes Hannah. Who at one point loved baths, took them daily with all her mermaid barbie dolls and play dolphins and sea animals. However less then a week ago she informed me that she wont take a bath anymore. Well a week went by and I had to force her into the bath kicking and screaming where she sobbed like it was the end of the world and called me a "bad mommy" I told her she needed a bath to get germs off and to smell pretty and soon after I had plunked her in and filled the tub with toys she was happy but I still got the look that said "how dare you mommy"

Today was no other exception of the bad mommy routine. Besides making my kids pick up their rooms (how dare I right?) I informed Hannah that her movie (Tinkerbell) which she has been waiting for forever and ever and ever was in the mailbox according to the USPS tracking thing. So she was so excited. Well the horrible mommy I am lost the keys to the mail box, and seriously can not find them anywhere. Ive torn the house up side down so it now looks like the house threw up and yet Ive come up empty handed. Without the key which by the way is on the house and van key chain meaning I cant go anywhere, I cant get the mail and this did not sit well with Hannah at all. The only thing I can do besides keep looking which trust me I have done, I had Chris mail his keys too a neighbor so In a few days I can drive, and get into my house if its locked and get the mail. So now we just have to wait, which again is not sitting well with Hannah.

I am officially I bad mom. I wonder if bribing her with a early Christmas present would help cheer her up? I also think I need one of those things that helps you find your keys because this really sucks.


1 comment:

Marcoda said...

You are so much more patient than I. Tell your kids that you know one mommy who would've banned any more sleepovers for a year and banned any Tinkerbell viewing until Christmas. Then ask them if they still think their mommy is mean :)
Oh but I talk big. My kids end up getting their way more often than I care to admit.