Thursday, January 29, 2009

Reader beware, sappiness ahead

Let me tell you how my day started. I woke up with my husband next to me. I know some might go "why is that a big deal" and some know why it is. After him being gone for weeks on end, or so it feel at least, and knowing he should not be here and soon wont be here for several more weeks and then some makes this a huge deal getting this added bonus time with him. To kiss him and hug him and talk to him and be with him makes me so happy right now. I know when he leaves again I will cry, which is something I hardly do anymore when he leaves for good, but this time I know it will be that much harder on me. For now I am basking in the moments and enjoying them. I knew he was coming home, we get a phone call letting us know and I did not tell the kids, I like to let them be surprised when he comes walking threw the door, and this time was no different. Hannah's face all lite up and the smile that spread from ear to ear was priceless. Jordan running down the steps at full speed and throwing himself into Chris's arms was adorable and me without my camera trying to give the kids their chances to tackle daddy with hugs and kisses and talking over each other before I got my turn in hugs and kisses. Those are always good days, those days where we are united as a family once again and there is nothing but happiness and smiles and laughter. 

Chris said that his first night here he kept rolling over to make sure I was really next to him. He said he just got so used to sleeping on that small bunk without me there that this all seemed like a dream. Of Course leave it to Hannah to cling to daddy and think she should sleep in our bed with us (she is worried he will leave again, which I have yet to tell her is true) I think she is afraid if she lets him out of her sight he will disappear. 

Needless to say we are one very happy family right now, and after talking to Chris our Vegas trip is a go so now its just narrowing down hotels between Flamingo, Planet Hollywood or the Bellagio) so I am excited, wait...I should rephrase that to we are excited. Our first real vacation with no kids. Oh my god I am so going to get drunk, and have fun, and yeah, well you get the point that we will enjoy ourselves. 

Off to be with my husband and kids and be blissfully happy for as long as it will last. I wont cry, I wont cry, I wont cry....

No comments: