Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter, This and That.

According to the ten day forecast it will soon be in the 70s here. Oh my God that is exciting, its sad when something like sun and warm weather makes you smile and giddy inside but after months of rain, snow, wind and cold I cant help but to find the idea of a change for the better something to be giddy over. Of course knowing the weather here and its constant changing forecasts for the days to come I wont hold my breath.

Anyway that is besides the point of this blog. This blog is to update on events that are going on. This weekend was Easter. It has come and gone and my daughter wants to know if we can have Easter every day. I told her no. what a mean mommy I am. The kids love Easter. I forgot about the egg dying even though I have everything for it, but the kids got to dye some eggs at a friends house so all is good and forgiven on my part. I also forgot to make the Easter cupcakes Hannah has been wanting to make with her pink frosting so that is something I will have to make soon or I will never hear the end of it. As I mentioned in my last post Saturday was spent outside doing egg hunts and getting ready for Easter. Sunday the Easter bunny came and the kids awoke to getting dressed, finding eggs hidden through out the house (which were really meant for an event I volunteered for but it was cancelled due to rain) and since I did not want the eggs going to waste we had a second egg hunt. Then they looked for their baskets because I hid them. Growing up my mom always hid mine and its just a tradition I took with me when I had kids and moved out. The kids love it and usually it ends up to be a game of hot and cold with Jordan. Hannah found hers the first place she looked, but she didn't care and spent seconds dumping things on the floor. They both loved their baskets, though sadly Hannah was more thrilled and to this moment plays more with the empty plastic eggs instead of the toys from her basket. She makes huts and homes for her Littlest pet shop animals so at least she is somewhat playing with other toys. I have however found her hiding eggs and then re-finding them herself. I asked her what she is doing and she informed me "I'm playing Easter mommy" She also has been bugging me for the candy non stop for the last two days. Jordan however is the opposite. He has yet to eat any candy really and loves the egg hunts not for what is in them but how many he could find. They also got a few other baskets from family and friends and my house is an explosion of toys, stickers and candy, oh and of course plastic eggs. Remind me to save those for next year and not throw them out like I tend to do only to have to re-buy them all over again the following year.

After all the Easter events at our house I gathered what I needed for my part of Easter dinner, called my mom to wish her, my brother and my step dad a happy Easter and we headed out into the cold, windy, rain to a friends house for Easter Dinner. She had another egg hunt, egg activities and we played board games, oh and ate very good food. 

Overall it was a good Easter weekend. It would have been better if Chris was here and he was missed allot, but its just part of the job and life as a Navy wife. I did get pictures though our brand new camera was acting up so they came out a bit fuzzy, something I need to look into before Sub ball.

Speaking of Sub ball I got my dress today. Its very pretty. I was all worried it would not fit but it does thank goodness, however as I was putting it back in the bag I noticed pen on my dress and when they tried to get it out with something they swore would work and not stain it did one but not the other. The pen is gone but there is a water mark in the material. So I'm left to wonder what to do. I was hoping it would dry, but its clear the mark is there to stay. I mean its not really noticeable unless your looking for it and its on the back of the dress, but still when you pay that much for a dress, then alterations you expect them to be more careful and not stain the dress not once, but twice. So we will see. Ill try not to be Anal and not think about it. It is still very pretty (like very, very pretty) If I could Id wear it everywhere, though I might get strange looks if I did that. I also exchanged my tiara for the one I fell in love with awhile back. I know, shame on me, but to be fair I only spent 5 dollars more for the one I really wanted. Now its just counting down the days till Sub ball.

I did realize a few things though about the upcoming sub ball. One I am wearing curlers to get my hair, well curly (the whole point of curlers right?) and I will have to wear them to get my nails done, which is in the mall. So shy little me will have to walk through the mall with my head covered in curlers looking like an idiot, the price we pay for beauty huh? The Second thing is I wont have a husband to hold my money, ID and so on, so I am going to have to hope that no one steals my purse because I do need my ID or else I'm kind of screwed. When you live on a Military base and need to get on and off it you need your Military ID. 

So that's my weekend (and Monday) Tomorrow I am shopping but have to be careful on what I buy because overspending would be bad since somehow I am behind on my cable bill according to a message on my machine and yet I have not seen a bill so I need to get that paid up or else I might find myself without cable, phone and Internet for a few days which to me would be a bad thing to happen. I can live without the phone (I have my cell) and even the TV but I need my Internet because I am sad like that. Its sad because last time I was at the mall they had tons of cute things I wanted to buy so here is hoping to some restraint.

I'm currently listening to my Mama Mia! soundtrack and trying my hardest to avoid the call of the peanut butter cups that are sitting on the kitchen counter, maybe now would be a good time to either do some sit ups or go to bed. 


No comments: