Friday, April 3, 2009

Not meeting expectations

So after all that excitement about April finally being here I am sad to say that so far it has sucked. It rained with a snow mix and was cold and windy on the 1st and then I came down with a wicked cold that made my head feel like it was going to explode and my throat feel like sandpaper and gave me much pain. I really hope things get off to a better start. 

I guess I should be more fair to April seeing as there were a few good moments in the 2 days that have made up the month. Like the free showing of Inkheart at the base theater that I took the kids too. It was 6 dollars for two sodas and a large popcorn and though the seating set up was horrible it was a free movie with cheap food and sure beat the $40 some dollars for the kids and I to see Monsters Vs. Aliens so I'm not complaining, plus it was nice to just get out and the kids enjoyed it. Also I got to be the target of many April fools jokes Hannah and Jordan tried to play on me. It was very cute how hard they tried. Hannah didn't really get the whole April fools day thing but with Jordan's help she was able to point out the non existent spider on my hear while I pretended to be freaked out so she would think she got me and fall to the floor in a fit of laughter. Jordan's jokes were better and I even feel for the whole "mom your shoe is untied" where I look and I am wearing slip on's with no ties. Its moments like these I wish My husband was here or at the very least I could call him and tell him all the cute, funny, sweet things our kids are doing.

As for now, well I am still sick and in pain and I still feel like my head might explode. I spent the day in bed instead of running the many errands I had to run like spending money at Costco and eating lunch at one of my favorite restaurants and taking the kids to another free movie at the base theater. So instead my day was boring, filled with sleeping, looking around for hairstyles and color ideas for my salon visit next month, and watching movies lounged on the couch with the kids (it was raining out, what a surprise) I am really, really hopping to start feeling better soon. It sucks because I am like a child who wants her teddy bear when she is sick but my teddy bear is at sea. I guess I will have to settle for some Ice cream and cold medicine to help me feel better. 

No comments: