Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Finding myself

I realized today that I've changed while my husband has been gone. I was so worried about him changing while he was gone that I did not see the own change in myself. Its not a little change, but its not a bad change either. Some people may not see it, friends and family, and maybe even my own husband wont notice but I can. I can see how very different I have become. I like it, I like feeling more alive and happy and out there. I like not being so afraid or shy. I like doing different things and pushing the boundaries. In away I am kind of excited for my husband to see the new me. To see if he notices and I am also kind of worried he wont like the changes in me. 

I wish I could describe what I mean when I say I have changed. I'm more energetic, more outgoing, my anxieties I used to have are there still but not as bad and in some areas gone all together. I am doing thing I never once would do and I am putting myself first for once, not that anyone is forgotten or go without. My kids have everything they need and don't go without, but before I went over board and spoiled them and never put myself first, never budgeted for things I wanted. I am stronger now in the sense that I am getting a backbone. I'm working out. I go out allot more then I ever have. I have more friends and I laugh more. I am slowly changing my wardrobe and the way I hold myself. I have new goals and wants. Its not that I was unhappy before, I loved my husband, my kids and all that but I lost myself for awhile. 

Does any of this make sense? It does to me and I think that is all that matters. 


No comments: