Tuesday, April 21, 2009

My Sub ball experiance

So about the Submarine Birthday ball, I had a blast. It was super fun and I felt like a princess even with my hair all Shirley temple looking.

Ill start at the beginning because I have the time to write and I am bored.

I got up early, earlier then when I need to get Jordan off to school to set my friends hair in curlers, then my other friend came over so we could practice on her hair which took almost 2 hours to do. We ate lunch and relaxed for a bit before starting to get ready and I will say we so did not have enough time to get ready, basically it ended up to us scrambling around doing hair, make up and getting dressed along with getting the kids ready for the sitter and pictures taken. We were aiming to be at the ball room by 5pm and instead got there around 5:30 and already the place was packed. We found my friends husbands commands tables to sit at and mingled, got drinks and made fun of the wilted salad that was small and pathetic and gross looking and must have been sitting out for about an hour. At least dinner was much better and dessert was the nummiest. The room was pretty and full of people and very humid and stuffy and at one point I almost passed out because my corset was tight and the hot air made it really hard to breath.

After dinner we danced, drank shots and danced some more. They had set up the in and out cafe downstairs for more Ball seating and they also had another DJ down there as well so we would dance upstairs for awhile and then go downstairs where eventually we ended up for good because it was less crowded and cooler. We stayed till about 1:30AM and then walked home (which thankfully was only 10 minutes away) because none of us wanted to take the chance to try and drive home.

So yeah, I guess I did kind of sum up the night because I really could have gone into more detail but now you get the shorter version.

All you really need to know is I had fun and I cant wait to go back with my husband next year. I did miss him allot through out the night, especially when you see men all around you in their dress blues dancing with their wives but I did not let that stop me from having a great time, plus I felt like a princess all night long.

Is it sad I already have my eye on a beautiful dress for the next ball?

No comments: