Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Fear is a horrible thing

Chris leaves tomorrow for work travel. For 6 years I have dealt with him being gone for weeks and months at a time. This time is different. Since our house was broken into I have been a ball of anxiety and stress. Im scared to be here alone, and ever noise freaks me out. The sad thing is we live on base. You have to show a military ID or be with someone who has a military ID or be a civilian contractor to get on base. I know that does not mean for a safe community, things can happen, but non the less I always thought it was safe.

 There is a part of me that is worried and scared, because as I said I'm not sure who broke in. So now with Chris being gone I don't see me getting much sleep. I can see myself freaking out at every noise. Even with Gracie my lovable golden retriever sleeping on the foot of the bed (a big no no according to Chris, but hey, he will be gone) who will alert me with barks if someone would break in, she would only slobber the person to death because that's the way she is. I will become a walking zombie over the next few weeks, which should make for a great fashion statement as I wisk the kids to swimming, and school and go to the grocery store.

I'm scared, I'm frightened and I wish I could ask point blank "hey, did you break in my house" but who is really going to admit that? I am thankful for the great neighbors who I trust and know will help watch my house while the hubby is gone, but still when people sleep things happen. I miss having an alarm system.

Yep, I'm so looking forward to the next few weeks while Chris is in LA. I will be the most tired, bitchy, cranky person around. I feel sorry for those who run into my path. Guess I better get over this fear soon because my husbands trips away wont stop anytime soon.

No comments: