Monday, August 4, 2008

What a day

My day has started off terrible. I woke up much later then normal, but still very tired. Like could barely lift my head. I noticed that my two children were still asleep, which is very unlike them and I was very, very tempted to go back to sleep, but Gracie gave me the "please let me outside" look and the poor dog is so damn cute I got up, fed her and let her out. By this time both kids got up and I could tell both kids were crabby, well actually crabby would be putting it nicely. So far all I have heard is "get him (or her) away from me" and them yelling "leave me alone" as a door slams and the other one stomps off. Yes, this is the start of my day, and its not even noon. It will be a very long day.

I need to pack. We leave early on Saturday for the long trip home to WA. Early is like 4am (pure craziness, I know) I should be excited to go home, and I was when Chris was supposed to be there, but now he wont because they decided to send him out to sea (how dare they!) and now I will have to wait allot longer to see him, which really sucks for me and the kids, talk about a let down (yes, we are used to this, but it doesn't mean it gets easier)

Speaking of my very sweet, wonderful husband who I love so very much. It looks like there is a very good chance that in the summer 0f 2010 we will be moving to Washington DC. Yikes, that's all I have to say. We knew we would be moving, hence why we have not bought a home like we so very badly want too. We also had ideas of where we wanted to go (and then where we could get sent) Great Lakes, IL and San Diego were on the top of that list, but now its off to DC a possibility I had no idea was even available to us. Its a job that has to be offered, and it was offered to Chris. Its not a job that just appears on a billet when choosing shore duty options and its a big deal, and Chris is very excited about this opportunity. Me, well not so much. Id love to live in that area, don't get me wrong, but its the cost of living I worry about. We would rent, and most places are over 2000 a month, so now if this is the way we go, we will have to fly out and search for a place that's nice and in a good area. However 2 years is a long time and allot can happen in those two years, so until he actual gets the job I'm not going to freak out over this move, or at least try not to freak out.

That's one thing I can say about my life, its never boring. All these new adventures and places to see and explore.

No comments: