Friday, August 15, 2008

A no good, very bad day

Im back in Washington, and it was a hellish trip. Hellish in the terms it was long, very long. Ive done this drive before, this would be the third time actually, but it never gets shorter, or easier. the car was loaded down, and it was a tight squeeze. I was thankful for the stops so the days didn't get to long, though I was disgusted with the hotel we stayed at the first night. It was a Ramada inn, and it was so gross that if every other hotel in the area had not of been booked we would have moved to a different hotel. I booked hotels forever ago online. We were supposed to get 2 queen beds, non smoking on the first floor (because we had a dog, they knew we had a dog ahead of time) we got a smoking room on the second floor. The room was so bad smelling that we barely slept and it gave you an instant headache. The room was dirty, the bedspread had stains, and the walls had what looked to be spaghetti sauce on them, trust me when I say it was horrible. The hot tub was not hot and there were clumps of hair in it, and to top it off the girl who checked us in was so rude and had that "your bugging me" attitude. I didn't get why the Internet said it was one of the better hotels, because it so was not, maybe we got a bad room, but I will never stay at another Ramada inn again. Our second night was better, lesson learned. Sleep inn good, Ramada inn bad. Our third day we stopped at a rest stop that had prairie dogs. They were cute and there was a bunch of them, I think we sat and watched them forever. We stopped to see my aunt, uncle and cousin for a few days before heading finally to the Seattle area.

Now for the interesting part. I park in the driveway and notice that the neighbors next to us are parking in front of our house, nice huh? Then I walk into our courtyard to see empty soda cans, candy wrappers, ice cream wrappers and a big bucket of ice cream in my courtyard, and what was worst was the melted ice cream all over my porch swing. Needless to say I was pissed off. Then came the scary part. I opened up my front door to discover someone had been in my house. The TV was on, the xbox 360 was on, the control was on the table, a game case on the couch, fresh urine in the toilet and food wrappers all over my house too. This is when I notice that the front sliding door is open and unlocked as well as the back door. I also realize that the wrappers and soda cans upfront were from my house (the food was missing out of the boxes) I am assuming that who ever was in my house heard me open the door and took off out the back door. The good news is nothing major was stolen besides food that I can tell. several cases of soda are missing, the ate the candy stash and ice cream stash and pop tart stash, and that's all I can tell. I haven't checked to see if they have wrecked the PlayStation 3 or Wii yet, but I worry since they seemed to be in here playing games and who knows how long they have been doing that. I also worry they went threw our credit card statements and got important numbers. I'm just pissed off that living on base this would happen. Why is it when I want my husband here the most he is somewhere I cant even get ahold of him?

Speaking of my husband, the husband who was supposed to call the comcast to fix the connection, or change out the long light bulbs in the kitchen, or do his laundry and change the sheets and keep the house clean decided not too after all. Yep, that's my husband for you. I love him but sometimes I so want to scream at him because he frustrates me so.

And of course to complete the very long, somewhat bad day I went to costco to spend over 300 dollars and I still have to hit up target and the grocery store where I will probably spend another couple hundred all because there is nothing to eat in the house. Im ready for a good stiff drink now and my husband to come home because lord knows I miss him like crazy. I have much more to say, lots and lots more, but Im tired, Im sick (somewhere I picked up a cold on the drive here) and I need a good night sleep in a bed that is mine, so more on everything else when I can find the time to sit down and write.

No comments: