Saturday, August 16, 2008

Venting because I just want to vent

Why is it that I don't have an AC unit in my house? oh that's right, its not supposed to get hot enough here where I live. Yeah, that's why its been almost 90 for the third straight day, and tomorrow is supposed to be the same, and the day after that in the mid 80's. I'm sorry but to me that is hot enough to need an AC, and its not like this is a freak thing, three other times this summer temps have reached this high here, and the same with last summer. It may not always be super hot, but it still feels warm enough where an AC would be nice to ward off heat stroke. I mean we live in Military housing, wouldn't the military want to make sure they took care of their men and women in uniforms and their family's by providing them with an AC to ward off things like that? I guess heat stroke or fatigued from a long sleepless night in a 85 degree bedroom where you cant sleep because its to damn hot isn't worth caring about. I mean we live in old houses that haven't been upgraded in 10 plus years (or so it seems) we pay 1278 a month and we see no improvements at all, the least they could do is let us install a window AC unit or something, but no, unless there is a medical condition that's not allowed. Yeah, I'm a bit pissed about this, and we don't even get ceiling fans for Pete's sake, I mean if there is no AC at least let us install ceiling fans. I hate housing. I loved the letter we got from them saying they have more and more people moving into housing when there is a choice and they take that as a sign they are doing a good job. Hmm. how about maybe, just maybe its because its hard to buy a house lately, and most houses out here are small, and cost 300,000 or more and most people cant afford that. Maybe that's why people choose to live in housing. I have issues today, can you tell? Housing being only one of them.



Today was one of those days, after spending a fortune yesterday at Costco, and then another 300 at the grocery store and I still need to find the hard to find school supplies that most stores around here are sold out of because I live in a small town that isn't well stocked for back to school shopping it means more money out of pocket. Yeah, that alone is depressing. I can say I have a stocked fridge, freezer and pantry however, and most of Jordan's school supplies are bought. While we were walking into wal-mart I swear Chris's truck was there. Same color, same make, same style and even the same antenna topper. My heart jumped for a second with the though of "he is here!" then I realized that if my husband was back from sea he would have called me, and he would have came home before heading to wal-mart, another reason my day was bad, because I missed my husband so much today that all I wanted to do was crawl in bed and sleep till he comes home, but that wouldn't be fair to my parents who are visiting or my kids.



I am looking to sign Hannah up in dance. 41 dollars a month, 1 hour a week. She loves to dance, and I know it would be good for her to get out and socialize since she wont be starting school till next year. They will both be going into swimming this next month too, and Jordan will be doing karate on base. None of it is bad priced, though when you add it up its a small pinch to what seems an already tight wallet, though I blame that on the economy then anything else, and why is it when we left MN gas was 3.55 and here its still over 4 dollars? Getting off track there. The point is the kids will be busy, as will I since I will be the one running them all over the place. They both are so excited, and I cant wait to see what they learn in their classes.



Speaking of my kids, my wonderful kids who I love more then anything. I had one of those days where I wanted to tell them they would be the cause of mommy having a heart attack. I know, that's not what mothers think, right? but today I did. I didn't say it, but I wanted too. They have been fighting so much lately and when other people (grandparents, uncles and aunts) are around they know how to work it to their advantage and get their way even when I say no. Today Jordan punched Hannah and I saw it but when I lectured him on not hitting his sister he looked me in the eye and said "mommy, I didn't punch her" he still denies it even though I was right their and saw it, but all because he wants to look good for Grandma and grandpa he will say and do anything to not get in trouble. He has the attitude of a teenager sometimes, stubborn as he can be. I'm ready for a spa day, a day away from the kids fighting and crying and fighting some more, the start of school cant come fast enough. See, now I sound like the worlds worst mom. I love them though and I know its all apart of the sibling ways and a normal part of growing up.

OK, so after falling asleep before posting, and it being almost 24 hours later from when I started this post I have much more to say. Like how I am hoping my husband has our new laptop. Why? well if he has it, it means it did not get stolen like I fear. Its missing, and Chris told me he would not bring that laptop underway with him because its new, and expensive, however he is a guy and he loves his laptop so I wouldn't put it past him to take it and not tell me. Even though Id be mad at him because again we have an older laptop that I don't care if he takes and he said he wouldn't take it and leave it for me to use Id rather it be with him then stolen, so lets hope Ill be yelling at him instead of talking to the cops over whats missing. Something else that's missing is our lawn mower. I know this didn't get stolen, more like my husband borrowed it to someone and now its gone, and it was a very nice, hardly used lawn mower that cost us more then 300 dollars. I don't mind borrowing things to people but Id like to know when they are being borrowed out, and to who and Id like to have it back within a few days. So where is my lawn mower, Id like to mow my lawn. Damn communication on a sub, I want answers! Last time we borrowed something to someone they broke it, lets hope that doesn't happen again. I have bones to pick with my husband, though I'm pretty sure happiness to have him back will delay the interrogation and lectures.

Also, I need a doggy door. 20 times in 30 minutes is how many times my dog had me get up and let her out and back in. To bad they cost a small fortune, well 180 plus tax and here tax is 8.6 percent and Ive spent all my money on food and other things a house and family needs to survive, its not a top priority so it will wait for a few more weeks, or until I get so sick of the in and out game I give in and go get one. The bright side, its some exercises for me the constant up, walk to the door and back over and over and over, especially when you add in the stairs.

okay, Ive vented, I feel better. Off to spend my time with my parents since they leave in a few days.

No comments: