Monday, March 30, 2009

April has come at last

Its April, which is one of my favorite months. The reasons why, well it usually starts to get nicer out. This will only be my second April here in Washington but it seems the weather gets warmer and it does not rain as much which is always a nice rain from what has been a near constant drizzle. Its also the month that holds my birthday which means I get another year older, though I can sadly say I am not dreading birthdays and aging instead of looking forward to them. 

For this month we have spring break for the kids where I try to keep them entertained. Trips to the zoo maybe, the movies, swimming, walks, the park. Its also the month of the Submarine Birthday Ball and this will be the first year I will be going. Easter also falls this year in April. I love Easter because I like dying the eggs and hiding Easter eggs for the kids to find and creating baskets and dressing up in spring outfits. It will be different this year not having daddy around for the kids, this is the one holiday I don't think he has missed and if he has its only been once or twice. 

April is just a great month. I can start finding pretty flowers at the grocery store to fill my kitchen with and we don't feel so trapped in the house and are able to go outside more and open the windows when they days are nice. I love having the windows open. 

So Happy April Everyone!

No comments: