Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Bye Bye money...I really did try to be strong.

I am in the home stretch of cleaning and yet I have lost all energy to finish the last few things. Will my mom really mind if my floors are not mopped? probably not, me however will notice and so I will eventually do it but ugh! Its so hard to get back in the mood of cleaning after a long day of doing not much of anything, well and dress shopping, and dealing with a very cranky 4 year old (who thank heavens is going to school all day next year) It started off meeting my friends and piling us and 3 kids into the vehicle, driving to Little Norway (the actual town is Poulsbo) to this wonderful and nummy bakery called Sluy's and getting donuts. Evil I know (but oh so yummy) we resisted the temptation to browse the local cute shops and instead got back in the car for our destination of the dress shop. Now might I remind you my goal was to not buy a dress. Look yes, but strongly resist the urge to buy. However as we were walking up to the store on the display in the window was the most beautiful dress I have ever seen in the color I loved, yeah, right then I knew I was in trouble. We grab a ton of dresses and had a mini fashion show, and I put on the dress from the window display and it was perfect. You know how they say as you are looking for your wedding dress you will know it when its on that it is the one? Yeah, that is how it was for me, except I swear this dress is prettier than even my own wedding dress. Yep, at that moment as the dress fit me almost like a glove and made me look like a princess I knew I was screwed in the sense that there was no way I was leaving without the dress. And that people is how I spent $150 even with the best intentions not too. I did resist the urge to buy a very pretty headband that would look oh so cute with my dress, but only because I have no damn Idea what to do with my hair.

After our mini fashion shows and many melt downs from the kids we left the store (by the way the stores name is American Rose Bridal and they are super nice and helpful and have amazing dresses so if you need a dress and live in Washington check them out) and headed to the
Mexican restaurant next door for some nummy, nummy food and unfortunately some very slow service.

Now I am back home trying my damn hardest to get things done, and oh how I just want to sit with a drink and veg on the couch. I did caulk the bathroom shower tile, though not well, but hey, I did it without a guys help, and really its not that bad.

On a totally different note I gave Jordan his very own house key. I am usually home when he gets home and if not he has a place to go, but there are times where I
don't make it home in time and am a few minutes late and he is left outside or at a Friends house and he is old enough for a key, but still to me its like a milestone, and shows me just how much he is growing up.

OK, I really am going to go clean now.

No comments: