Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Three things and then you can go

Three things

1) My mom left today. She came last Thursday and left today. I miss her already. I hate not being in MN to spend time with my family. To see them on birthdays and holidays and just because days. I hate not having people over to my house and cooking for them (unless they come visit me) But we had fun. It was nice to have a no guys time together. (well Jordan does not count) we could go shopping when we wanted to the stores we wanted, we could make and go out to eat to the places we wanted and we had girl bonding time. So now its just the kids and me again, and its lonely here and very quite, too quite. 

2) $300 dollars. That is what this Sub ball is costing me so far with tickets, dress, heels, bag, bra, make up. You get the point. That also includes the allotted amount for drinks and babysitter cost. This was supposed to be a cheap night out and now its not so cheap. How did I go from wearing a dress I wore to a ball in Georgia along with using the shoes, purse and so on to buying all new stuff? Oh that's right I was dumb and went looking for dresses with no intention of buying only to fall in love with a damn dress and bought the thing and with that I needed new shoes and bag and so on to match because I am anal and need my shoes to match my dress and my bag to match my shoes. There is one thing I am trying my hardest to be strong on and that is not paying the 60 dollars plus tip to have my hair done, though I suck at doing hair for special occasions, but hey I am bound and determined to stop the spending madness for this one night. 

3) I signed Hannah up for Kindergarten and almost cried. The thought of her getting up in the morning and eating breakfast with Jordan and me walking her to school every day and home every afternoon and her going from being at home 24/7 with me to full days of school with kids her age and teachers and following directions and a schedule has me seeing how I want her to stay a little girl longer. She just does not seem ready to go too school yet, or maybe I'm just not ready to let go yet. Whatever the reason I will be bawling like a baby on her first day, just like I did with Jordan. Now the dreaded part, school clothes shopping for 2 kids. I have learned my lesson though and will not be buying clothing from Gap for her first (and probably second) year of school. I did this for Jordan and he always got markers (and though they say washable I sure had a hard time getting them out) and paint and other things on his clothing from a day of fun and hard play. Now I worry about kids making comments on her hair. The other day I had a girl who we did not know, she was about 9 make fun of my little girl. Another child, she was younger came over and rubbed her head then asked me if she was a big baby or has cancer. At least she asked and did not assume. I'm still hoping for hair to start growing like crazy and this fear of teasing (at least over the hair aspect) will no longer be needed.


No comments: