Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Just a few things


A person I know and talk to on a regular basis made fun of me because I walked to the NEX on base. If you know me I am the type of person who I will just give you a dumb look and shrug my shoulders instead of say something to defend myself, but only when I don't see the benefit to speaking up because honestly sometimes its just not worth it. This was one of those times, or should I say this was one of those people. I mean why would I not walk? It was sunny, it was nice you, its a 10 minute walk and a sidewalk through housing there and I only needed a few things that were not heavy. The kids were up for a walk and so we went. I mean this way we are not hoping in the car to hop out a minute later, wasting the gas and the time to park. Plus the exercise benefit, and when you live in a state where it rains allot from November to April you get out side for fresh air and sun when you can. Maybe its just me, but I saw nothing wrong with walking.  

Its just like when I put the kids in swimming in the summer, we walk. Again its 10 minutes, the gym when we need to go is always packed and not worth the fight to find a spot and I like to walk. 

Since I brought up exercise I have been trying my hardest to tone my body. I don't need to lose weight (and no I am not bragging just making a statement) I have a routine and bought a few tapes for dance aerobics (those are the ones that hold my interest) I have a boot camp work out DVD too however I have really not used them. Its like the Wii fit we have and only used for the first few months, and then it got put in its place and has not been out since. I blame the coffee table that needs to be moved out of the way to make room for the work outs or Wii fit. Actually I blame the layout of the house which sucks, but I cant really do much about that. It is my goal however to get in shape, start running and working out more. I even eyed a very pretty treadmill that was $1000 off at the NEX today but sadly we really don't have the room for it, plus I am not a fan of treadmills, maybe an exercise bike though?

I need to learn how to caulk. This is usually Chris's job, but since he is in no position to help its up to me. See I, while on my super cleaning freak out cleaned the tile in the shower used very strong stuff (that said it was meant for that job alone) and it ate away at the caulking between tiles. Now I'm not sure what would happen if I ignored it and kept using my shower, but I also do not want to find out. We had friends who had half their upstairs bathroom end up downstairs due to a leak, and I do not want that to happen to me. Plus I don't think Gracie would like that much either since her kennel is down below the shower. Though that was not here in Washington, but I am not about to take any chances. 

I really need to go to bed, I have a big day of dress shopping and cleaning and running errands, damn daylight savings time for screwing up my schedule!

No comments: