Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Look at me not spend money

So today was a day filled with restraint on my part, yay for me. Lets see how long this lasts.

See today was the day we went back to the very nice dress shop to get them fitted, there are not many places in Kitsap country where you can buy a nice ball gown for a good price and then be able to get your alterations for cheap as well but we found one, and even today as we browsed the dresses found several that we fell in love with (reminder for the Navy Birthday Ball to go there) So we tried our dresses on and got them pinned to fit us and tried on jewelery and even though I bought a tiara like headband I tried one on and oh how it looked so pretty and everyone was like "you have to buy it" yeah, but remember I already bought one and spending another $40 dollars seemed dumb, so I put back the very pretty tiara like head band and pouted till we left. Now its just waiting and praying my dress a) fits like it should after the alterations and b) is done on time. The alterations lady is gone on vacations for 2 weeks and the Submarine Birthday ball is the 18Th of April, so the lady better get some mad work done when she returns, or else I would hope we would get the heads up "hey, it wont be done on time" they seem nice as I said and I think they would, especially when we went in the first time to look (and later buy) our dresses they knew the date we needed them by. So here is hoping, and praying everything works out.

I know your so sick of my ball talk, but damn it I am excited. I love my dress, and I love dressing up like a princess and I cant wait to post pictures. I still have major guilt over the amount of money being put into this ball, but everyone keeps telling me to just have fun and stop freaking out about it since I hardly ever do stuff like this for myself.

Now I promise I will stop about the ball for now, enough with boring you (except to say "yay for me for not purchasing a second tiara I don't need and sticking with the original, even if its not as pretty and perfect as the one I wanted, I did not spend the money and for that I am proud)

On a different note I need to go grocery shopping and I want the rain to stop so I can go without being soaked loading grocery's. What a baby am I?

No comments: