Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Sometimes it sucks to be a girl.

I love wearing Ball gowns, I just hate shopping for them, oh, and paying for them seeing as a decent ball gown seems to be pricey. Lets not forget the cost of alterations, which I always seem to need since I am short and have barely any boobs to hold a dress up. Frustrating, Frustrating, Frustrating.

So why do I need a ball gown? well I am going to the Sub ball. The Submarine ball is a ball for, well the people serving in the submarine force and their dates/spouses. It happens every year and is a formal affair. There is dinner, drinks, dancing and all that fun stuff. I have never been. Always wanted to go, but my husband has had duty or been gone when the Sub ball happens so we just have not gone. So I am excited about the ball, just not about the whole dress thing.

Friday will be the first dress shopping day so wish me luck. I want to go for the princess look. The bodice type top with the puffy bottom. Usually I do the slinky dresses to command functions and want to do something different this year.

I did find a web site that makes dresses custom. You send them your measurements and they make the dress you pick out but it takes several weeks to get the dress, which means I may not get the dress in time. Plus who is to say the quality of the dresses would be good.

Why did I agree to go again? Maybe I will grow 2 inches and get some boobs before Friday, one can hope cant they?

Looking at the website of the place in town I fell in love with these three dresses (they come in different colors) however after getting all excited that I found three dresses I LOVED! I realized they were being clearanced out which means they probably wont have the color or dress I want in my size. I am very upset over this and I would so get in my car and drive over there however I have a sick kid, a cranky 4 year old and my friends son that I am watching for part of the day. I guess I can wait until tomorrow with fingers crossed. Did I mention I really loved these dresses?
You know the guys are lucky. Why us women are out stressing over dresses they don't have a thing to worry about because they wear their dress uniforms. Sometimes it sucks to be a girl
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments: